Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Boiler High Pitch Screaming/ Buzzing

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch
screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our
hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high
pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes'
wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this
evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

The model of the hot water heater is Range Powermax 155 from RSA
Waterheating Limited.

Thanks

Gerard

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 2:34 pm, wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch
screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our
hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high
pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes'
wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this
evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

The model of the hot water heater is Range Powermax 155 from RSA
Waterheating Limited.

Thanks

Gerard

I would get it checked ASAP. "High pitched screaming" sounds like
steam escaping through a partially open blow off valve.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

If this is an oil burner, the pump may be screaming from cavitation because
of a (partial) blockage in the oil line. No, I did not look up your model to
see if it is gas fired.

bob

oups.com...