Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default Another Fence Question

Planning on putting up a fence (for privacy barrier
purposes - along with some new trees, etc).

Spoke to some local fence companies. They appear to
have different methods of installing the posts.

One outfit made a big deal they install their posts
approx 10' into the ground.

Another outfit, only goes a few feet (6 ? I forget).

Both claimed that cement was not needed around the
posts.

What is "best practice" for fence post installation?
Even researching it on the web revealed conflicting
methods (irrespective of local soil conditions). I'm
interested in doing it right the first time.

Haven't decided if vinyl fencing or cedar fencing is
the way to proceed either.

Also, if I ordered the fence parts off, say an internet
business, would a local contractor supply the labor ?
(I presume, they'd have no incentive to do this, but
i'm curious if anyone has done it). And no, i don't have
the time (or probably skill/patience) to do a DIY fence
installation.

Any thoughts / opinions from those with experience on
a fence project ?

Fence question Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 12 March 24th 07 03:21 AM
Privacy Fence Question nicbro Home Repair 2 August 11th 05 12:40 AM
Fence Question Corinne Home Repair 20 July 6th 05 08:45 PM
Fence Novice Question barry martin Home Repair 1 December 23rd 03 02:22 PM