Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower surround repair

I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:34:58 -0400, nospamplse
wrote:

I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

Access from the opposite wall (back side); leaving the surround in
tact?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 12:34 pm, nospamplse
wrote:
I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

As Oren suggests you would typically access the valve from the wall
behind the valve. If there is no access panel present then you would
have to cut it out and path it up when you are done. Even if there
was an overlay for a surround available (and I have never heard of
such a thing) my guess is it would look pretty bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 21 Mar 2007 22:47:39 -0700, "Eric9822"
wrote:

On Mar 21, 12:34 pm, nospamplse
wrote:
I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

As Oren suggests you would typically access the valve from the wall
behind the valve. If there is no access panel present then you would

Not the OP but behind my bathtub valve is my tiled shower stall. ;-)

have to cut it out and path it up when you are done. Even if there
was an overlay for a surround available (and I have never heard of
such a thing) my guess is it would look pretty bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 22, 4:21 am, mm wrote:

snip

Not the OP but behind my bathtub valve is my tiled shower stall. ;-)

Snip

The architect/building inspector or all those associated with that
blunder ought to be punished for the crime. Maybe watching Idol reruns
for hours at a time at 90 dB.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 22, 2:21 am, mm wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 22:47:39 -0700, "Eric9822"
wrote:

On Mar 21, 12:34 pm, nospamplse
wrote:
I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

As Oren suggests you would typically access the valve from the wall
behind the valve. If there is no access panel present then you would

Not the OP but behind my bathtub valve is my tiled shower stall. ;-)

have to cut it out and path it up when you are done. Even if there
was an overlay for a surround available (and I have never heard of
such a thing) my guess is it would look pretty bad.- Hide quoted text -

Hmmm. Thats messed up. Good luck when you need to repair your
plumbing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a
portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source
and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the
cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are
replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

Access from the opposite wall (back side); leaving the surround in
tact?

--
Oren

Have a three valve system and was planning a single valve so rear access
is not a solution.

Shower surround snave Home Repair 0 August 17th 06 08:11 AM
Shower surround remove/replace jl Home Repair 2 March 21st 06 10:54 PM
Question: Tiling a shower surround [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 10th 05 04:06 PM
Shower Surround Alternatives Randy Mahoney Home Repair 4 August 19th 05 09:01 PM
What tile should I use on shower surround? Jeff Smith Home Repair 5 June 27th 03 11:12 AM