Randy Mahoney

Default Shower Surround Alternatives

My wife has this idea that she doesn't want any kind of tile or masonry
in a new shower. Are there any other viable alternatives? She is
thinking about some sort of mural that would be coated with a waterproof
material. Is there such a thing? I'd think that with all of the new
polymers out there that there could be. But I haven't a clue.
FDR

"Randy Mahoney" wrote in message
My wife has this idea that she doesn't want any kind of tile or masonry in
a new shower. Are there any other viable alternatives? She is thinking
about some sort of mural that would be coated with a waterproof material.
Is there such a thing? I'd think that with all of the new polymers out
there that there could be. But I haven't a clue.

I few years ago when we redid our bathroom we were told of a corian type
material that could be used in the shower, so that we didn't have to worry
about tile and cleaning.

Nehmo

- Randy Mahoney-
My wife has this idea that she doesn't want any kind of tile or

masonry
in a new shower. Are there any other viable alternatives? She is
thinking about some sort of mural that would be coated with a

waterproof
material. Is there such a thing? I'd think that with all of the new
polymers out there that there could be. But I haven't a clue.

- Nehmo –
Polyurethane would work. You could put it on thick and even embed coins,
artwork, etc.

--

PipeDown

Cultured marble and fiberglass are also common shower materials. Some come
as kits and others are fully custom made by shower companies. Fiberglass
can have images painted on or other artwork can be covered with a clear gel
coat making it part of the material and completely waterproof.

news