Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grinding gears, Snapper Turf Cruiser.

I have just bought a Snapper Turf Cruiser. It is similar to the
Mule...The Snapper is a 16hp..2wd...automatic transmission. When the
service guy delivered it, he drove it off the trailer and parked it in
my yard and I noticed no noise when he shifted into reverse from
neutral to back it off the trailer and then when he shifted into
forward to park it.

Soon after I started it up and to get acquainted on my own...it
started fine...but when I attempted to shift it, it ground into gear
horribly...I tried with rpms high and low. I called the service guy
and he says "because it's automatic trans, you have to shift it into
gear fast"...no easing it into gear. I tried it like he recommended
and although it's better...it's still got a pretty grindy noise,
although momentary. I called him back and asked if the grinding is
doing harm and he says he doesn't think so, as all the Snapper
Cruisers are made that way...

I did some Googling for Snapper reviews and came up empty...

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Perry

Swap? Atlas 10F change gears, need 618 gears Rex B Metalworking 6 February 15th 06 03:41 AM
Wooden gears to metal gears. Don Stauffer Metalworking 5 January 30th 06 09:53 PM
New grinding wheels for HSS and tool steel grinding Jim in VA Metalworking 5 June 9th 05 04:26 PM
B&Q turf in2minds UK diy 8 May 29th 04 12:52 PM
Turf Simon UK diy 3 September 27th 03 05:44 PM