Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cajunpaisley@yahoo.com is offline

Default Grinding gears, Snapper Turf Cruiser.

I have just bought a Snapper Turf Cruiser. It is similar to the
Mule...The Snapper is a 16hp..2wd...automatic transmission. When the
service guy delivered it, he drove it off the trailer and parked it in
my yard and I noticed no noise when he shifted into reverse from
neutral to back it off the trailer and then when he shifted into
forward to park it.

Soon after I started it up and to get acquainted on my own...it
started fine...but when I attempted to shift it, it ground into gear
horribly...I tried with rpms high and low. I called the service guy
and he says "because it's automatic trans, you have to shift it into
gear fast"...no easing it into gear. I tried it like he recommended
and although it's better...it's still got a pretty grindy noise,
although momentary. I called him back and asked if the grinding is
doing harm and he says he doesn't think so, as all the Snapper
Cruisers are made that way...

I did some Googling for Snapper reviews and came up empty...

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Perry