Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Makes Hissing Sound

About three weeks ago my, water heater died and we had it replaced.
When they did so, they had to add a tank on the top of the water
heater that was not their before (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?
action=productDetail&productId=160680-48324-LET-2&lpage=none not the
exact one but its basically the same thing). Its now required in my
city due to some water meter changes the city made. Anyway, as soon as
the guys (yes I hired someone) finished the toilet started to hiss. I
don't think that an abnormal amount of water is going from the tank to
the bowl so its not a constant refilling issue. If I close the shut
off value the noise stops, and when I open the value the noise starts
again. If I leave the valve open for a few days the noise gets louder
(it gets to the point of annoying and then I close the valve). Here is
another strange point. I was changing a hot water shut off value in
the kitchen, and I noticed when I close the hot water valve coming
from the water heater the noise in the toilet jumped.

Anyway, whats going on to make the hissing noise?

Should I just get one of those replacement kits at Home Depot or Lowes
and see what happens (noticed they are less than $15).

John

Nokia TV model 7174 hissing sound Bart Bervoets Electronics Repair 0 August 9th 06 11:48 AM
Steam Heat Hissing Sound Bnchs400 Home Repair 2 January 28th 06 07:39 AM
TV makes a chirping sound which gets louder when the picture gets brighter Ville Aakko Electronics Repair 1 September 22nd 05 06:21 PM
Duct makes a Thud Sound CJ Home Repair 8 January 22nd 05 04:02 PM
toilet makes other toilet flush Spitfire 1500 Home Repair 3 June 7th 04 03:28 AM