Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mirror Repair

Can you advise me how to repair a bathroom mirror that is going
'blotchy'?

Posted to alt.home.repair

lyngiven wrote:
Can you advise me how to repair a bathroom mirror that is going
'blotchy'?

Unless it is something really special, you should replace it. It is
possible to repair such a mirror, but it involves removing the reflective
coating on the back and replacing it. Unless it is something really special
that will be more expensive than just replacing it. You can not just clean
it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lyngiven" wrote in message
ps.com...

Can you advise me how to repair a bathroom mirror that is going
'blotchy'?

This is called having the glass "resilvered."
Nowadays replacement with a new mirror is
usually cheaper than resilvering: glass stores
may tell you this process is suitable only for
antiques.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair
KB KB is offline

"lyngiven" wrote in message
ps.com...
Can you advise me how to repair a bathroom mirror that is going
'blotchy'?

If this isn't a special/ antique mirror and you simply want to repair it
because the blotches are unattractive, here's another possible solution for
you:
If the blotches are in an unobstrusive area, e.g. in one corner or near the
edges, you might try using an etching spray. This is available in spray
cans, and as the name suggests, gives the mirror (or glass) an etched look.
It can be applied over the blotches, either in a pattern with a stencil, or
by taping off the desired section. Obviously this won't really fix your
mirror and will cover the portions that you do spray, thereby making those
unusable. But this technique might just make your mirror look nice enough to
where you would be willing to keep it. I have no idea whether this is an
option for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
KB

Article he
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_paint_ti...398170,00.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Mar 2007 04:17:46 -0700, "lyngiven"
wrote:

Can you advise me how to repair a bathroom mirror that is going
'blotchy'?

IMHO, replacement might be your only option.

later,

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

Mirror Re-Silvering Andrew Mawson UK diy 16 February 2nd 07 11:04 PM
where to get mirror? J Home Repair 11 May 11th 06 10:13 PM
Mirror fogging. TrailRat Woodworking 22 January 18th 06 12:57 AM
Bathroom Mirror. Terry Home Repair 2 May 2nd 04 10:42 PM