Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roaches in my mailbox

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:28:32 -0500, Terry wrote:

Every once in a while I would see roach in the kitchen.
I keep out roach bait.
So in a few days no more roaches.

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

I used to live in Detroit. If you had roaches there, you HAD ROACHES.
Now I live in a suburb of Detroit. More spacious. More country. Well I
thought 'wild' roaches were only in the South. However, now I find
roaches in my mail box, which is not attached to the house. They do
sometimes hitch a ride into the house. I have seen them outside of 2nd
story windows. They are basically wild and live outside like all the
other bugs.

They look a bit different than the city roaches. They are smaller and
slower and stupider. Easy to kill. And they dont reproduce like crazy.

I don't know what the deal is, but its odd to have the occasional roach
and not have a full infestation...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Every once in a while I would see roach in the kitchen.
I keep out roach bait.
So in a few days no more roaches.

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

Wow. Check a little more, ask your neighbors if they have the same
problem, and then tell the post office.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

Never keep a roach in the mailbox, the mailman may turn you in. Same with
guys that put a roach in the glove box and get stopped for a minor violation
and the cop spots it. . And don't carry a roach clip with you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 15, 1:32 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Terry" wrote in message

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

Never keep a roach in the mailbox, the mailman may turn you in. Same with
guys that put a roach in the glove box and get stopped for a minor violation
and the cop spots it. . And don't carry a roach clip with you.

I have a roach clip on the arm band thingy for reaching into My
computer,,occasionally I pinch My GF with it,lucky Me I found one that
likes that action..
Roaches are like any other critter,,If they do'nt eat they leave or
die..I hope the OP is'nt gettin mail from Texas,,I saw a roach on a
flatroof there that musta been 3" long and 1" wide! A group of Em
could probably kill a cat!(Fat Freddies' Cat maybe?) Maybe there's
something in the air in Houston that made em grow so big..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
Every once in a while I would see roach in the kitchen.
I keep out roach bait.
So in a few days no more roaches.

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

I once thought my neighbor was opening the mail. I contacted the PO and
complained. For a while, no opened mail.

I then thought the mailman was tearing open my mail. I filed a formal
complaint.

I heard about roaches b/4 in the mail, and figured this was doing it.

Bottom line is, I was trying to bait the neighbors by putting a hotdog
in the mailbox. After a couple months about 1/2 of it was gone. Figured
maybe some homeless person ate it.

It just goes to show you, it's always something.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:29:11 -0400, Stumpy wrote:

I once thought my neighbor was opening the mail. I contacted the PO and
complained. For a while, no opened mail.

I then thought the mailman was tearing open my mail. I filed a formal
complaint.

My ice cube tray was never full. I thought my roommates were using
the ice and not refilling the tray.

Talking to them was worthless.

Then I lived alone and they were still not full. I thought my
roommates were breaking in and using my ice.

The ice was evaporating.

I heard about roaches b/4 in the mail, and figured this was doing it.

Bottom line is, I was trying to bait the neighbors by putting a hotdog
in the mailbox. After a couple months about 1/2 of it was gone. Figured
maybe some homeless person ate it.

It just goes to show you, it's always something.

So true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in
:

wrote:

Every once in a while I would see roach in the kitchen.
I keep out roach bait.
So in a few days no more roaches.

I found out where they were coming from. My Mailbox. I got the mail
today and there was a roach in there. I am guessing, instead of
climbing the mailbox and hitching a ride into the house, the trip
started from the post office.

Wow. Check a little more, ask your neighbors if they have the same
problem, and then tell the post office.

Decades ago I worked in a hardware store, Often roaches would be in
cartons received. The owner (of the store, not the roaches ;-) ) told me
they love the glue they sealed cartons with.

Yes, ask your neighbors if they see the same thing to see if they are
coming from the PO or if the locals are just invading your box for the
envelope glue.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:45:56 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Shoot a little boric acid in there and the roaches will go away. That
is basically what the roach tablets are. Just a little dab in the back
of the box should work. If that is no help try a bait station double
back taped to the back of the box.

Hmmm, be sure to affix postage to that bait station or you're
committing a Federal crime!

"Other than as permitted by 2.10 or 2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be
used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter
placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail
receptacle."

You can see how it is just a few short steps from this notion that
they should be so important, to searching our homes listening to our
phone calls without warrants.

I have a slot in my door that isn't even labeled "US Mail" so people
can put in anything they want, and I can go on vacation without
cancelling the mail. But even this is impossible in new n'hood and
soon old ones. Instead they have cluster boxes to make people who
used to be able to have a slot, or lean out from their door get
dressed and go out in the cold, snow, and rain 100 feet or more to get
their rain.

http://pe.usps.com/Archive/HTML/DMMArchive1209/D041.htm

I guess any roaches are also in trouble ;-)

I'm sure they are. Probably sent to Iraq.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In article , wrote:

[...]

Yep,,Big Brother is acting more like Big Mother every day..Real
radicals might say "Big Mother ******",,oh well,,time heals and some
women like scars..So be it all..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:07:43 GMT, Avery wrote:

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:45:56 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Shoot a little boric acid in there and the roaches will go away. That
is basically what the roach tablets are. Just a little dab in the back
of the box should work. If that is no help try a bait station double
back taped to the back of the box.

Hmmm, be sure to affix postage to that bait station or you're
committing a Federal crime!

"Other than as permitted by 2.10 or 2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be
used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter
placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail
receptacle."

http://pe.usps.com/Archive/HTML/DMMArchive1209/D041.htm

I guess any roaches are also in trouble ;-)

On that basis i would suggest that the OP should call the FEDS and
have the damned roaches arrested at gunpoint. That'll show the little
buggers he means business.

Maybe I will shoot one an leave it in the mailbox as an example to any
more that try it.

getting rid of the roaches karsan Home Repair 0 July 4th 06 12:25 AM
OT mailbox post? Trevor Jones Metalworking 4 March 27th 06 11:22 PM
OT mailbox post? ATP* Metalworking 0 March 26th 06 10:27 PM
OT mailbox post? Bruce L. Bergman Metalworking 0 March 26th 06 07:22 PM
Lap top full of roaches. Dana Electronics Repair 31 December 29th 05 07:14 AM