Posted to alt.home.repair

Default door swings shut

I have a bathroom door right next to the guest room. One of my guests
suggested I oil it, since it squeaked. Now the door slowly swings half
way shut, which is a real pain for anybody usin the sink who want the
door open. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

C R N

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 7:02 pm, wrote:
I have a bathroom door right next to the guest room. One of my guests
suggested I oil it, since it squeaked. Now the door slowly swings half
way shut, which is a real pain for anybody usin the sink who want the
door open. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Remove one hinge pin, lay it on a board, give it a swat in the middle
with a hammer, reinstall the pin.

For the full tennis match:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...f1d43e9df1987d

Posted to alt.home.repair

Remove one hinge pin. Place hinge pin on concrete, a steel pad,
or a piece of hardwood. Smack the side of the pin at about mid
point until it is visibly bent. Reinstall the pin. There will be
additional tension on the hinge that will make the door stay put.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a bathroom door right next to the guest room. One of my
guests
suggested I oil it, since it squeaked. Now the door slowly
swings half
way shut, which is a real pain for anybody usin the sink who
want the
door open. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

C R N

Posted to alt.home.repair

Think for a moment about the hatch on the deck if a boat. A hatch will
close by itself if less than half way open.

What is going on with your bathroom door, is that it is hung out of plumb.
Adjust the door to plumb and it will stay where ever you leave it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

ups.com...