Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default door swings shut

Think for a moment about the hatch on the deck if a boat. A hatch will
close by itself if less than half way open.

What is going on with your bathroom door, is that it is hung out of plumb.
Adjust the door to plumb and it will stay where ever you leave it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a bathroom door right next to the guest room. One of my guests
suggested I oil it, since it squeaked. Now the door slowly swings half
way shut, which is a real pain for anybody usin the sink who want the
door open. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

C R N