Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Receptacle above fin-tube water heater baseboard

I have a question about installation of wall receptacle above fin-tube
baseboard heater. I know about NECs requirements for electric
baseboard heaters, but there is nothing about water based heaters
which operate at much lower temperatures. For example system I'm
dealing with is operating at 160 F.
Any ideas if it would be possible to have receptacles 10" above
baseboard heater?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a question about installation of wall receptacle above fin-tube
baseboard heater. I know about NECs requirements for electric
baseboard heaters, but there is nothing about water based heaters
which operate at much lower temperatures. For example system I'm
dealing with is operating at 160 F.
Any ideas if it would be possible to have receptacles 10" above
baseboard heater?

Mine are 7" from top of housing to bottom of the cover plate. Been there
for 29 years with no problem. The water may be 160 in the boiler, but it is
far cooler above the baseboard.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

The manufacturer should have instructions included with the heater, which
will tell you if receptacle outlets are not to be installed above the unit

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a question about installation of wall receptacle above fin-tube
baseboard heater. I know about NECs requirements for electric
baseboard heaters, but there is nothing about water based heaters
which operate at much lower temperatures. For example system I'm
dealing with is operating at 160 F.
Any ideas if it would be possible to have receptacles 10" above
baseboard heater?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

You should post the make and model. It's not legal with Markel, Berko,
Farenheat, Marley, or Qmark, who are mostly the same company now, but some
obscure company may allow it

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a question about installation of wall receptacle above fin-tube
baseboard heater. I know about NECs requirements for electric
baseboard heaters, but there is nothing about water based heaters
which operate at much lower temperatures. For example system I'm
dealing with is operating at 160 F.
Any ideas if it would be possible to have receptacles 10" above
baseboard heater?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 4:54 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
You should post the make and model. It's not legal with Markel, Berko,
Farenheat, Marley, or Qmark, who are mostly the same company now, but some
obscure company may allow it

wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a question about installation of wall receptacle above fin-tube
baseboard heater. I know about NECs requirements for electric
baseboard heaters, but there is nothing about water based heaters
which operate at much lower temperatures. For example system I'm
dealing with is operating at 160 F.
Any ideas if it would be possible to have receptacles 10" above
baseboard heater?

I don't think manufacturer has information about it.
http://www.slantfin.com/product-fineline-30.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I thought you were referring to electric hydronic baseboard units. These are
strictly hydronic. You can install outlets anywhere you like around these

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 10, 4:54 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
You should post the make and model. It's not legal with Markel, Berko,
Farenheat, Marley, or Qmark, who are mostly the same company now, but
some
obscure company may allow it

ups.com...