Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grow ivy, very limited sun

Hi,

Densely populated urban residential area. Between my little brick
bungalow and the next house. There's some hasta and surprise lilies
out there, but I need ivy. Couldn't figger how to water the hasta
last season (without watering the house walls) with sprinkler, so
I spent way, way too much time standing out there with the garden
hose. Need ivy, willing to sacrifice hasta, etc to get it (if
necessary).

Around the corner is a little wooded easement with lots of ivy.
Can I just snip, say, 10" lengths from there and plant them
by my house? Would potting soil and/or fertilizer be a good idea?
Really need to get this off the ground. I am not knowledgable
re gardening.

Also timing. I am in midwest: avg. hi/lo is now 53/29 F.

I know all about invasive nature of ivy, no warnings necessary.
Maybe half the houses on the block have some ivy and apparently
aren't having difficulty controlling it.

Thx,
Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell

Sun tile or sun pipe? Quiggles UK diy 4 July 4th 06 02:43 PM
Grass will not grow Steve K Home Repair 31 May 20th 06 12:45 AM
How to grow Ivy (with minimal sun) Puddin' Man Home Repair 14 March 6th 06 11:07 PM
Grow your own sausages Michael Mcneil UK diy 6 December 16th 04 09:44 PM
Why cant I grow grass? Bob Bowles Home Repair 18 September 8th 03 11:29 PM