Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Magic eraser?

Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

It IS abrasive.I have used it (with care) on flat painted walls to
remove scuffs. Also on stair risers (satin paint) as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"clifto" wrote in message
Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html

Used them when I moved into my new old house. They did an incredible job of
removing built-up hard water soap scum from high gloss tile where all else
had failed - and I've seen no damage.

--
nj_dilettante
in the words of the immortal Sgt Schultz:

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , clifto wrote:
Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

Sure, tiles, shower doors, bathtubs and more.

However, it *is* an abrasive and will scratch (albeit minutely)
a polished surface. Use it selectively and with care.

I've also used automotive rubbing compound on my car from
time to time to remove a small mark or scratch. But I certainly
wouldn't wipe the whole vehicle down with the stuff every
week. That would soon wreck a paint job. Use Magic Eraser in
much the same way.

It did an especially good job of removing some stubborn
marks and stains from the anti-slip finish on the base
of my bathtub.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Posted to alt.home.repair

We use them on porcelain sink to remove
aluminum scuffing. Also, on
a tiled countertop. Before that, we
used something much more abrasive and
now the tile has lost its shine. ME
(not the Windows product) is much, much
better.

clifto wrote:
Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:19:43 -0600, clifto wrote:

Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

We should be grateful they say what you can't use it on. A few years
ago, they would not have done so, or would not have done so carefully.

have you ever looked at the stickers that say "My name is ________.
What's yours" for use at conventions and parties? They have a long
list of fabrics they damage, mostly special fabrics, like your list
above contains special surfaces. Hmmm. I find it suprising that it
would damage stainless steel, but they know the stuff better than I
do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:19:43 -0600, clifto wrote:

Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play
with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label.
"Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

walls, floor, etc. The thing that gets distroy is the eraser. It
sheds as it rubs up against stuff, carrying away the the dirt.

It works for me.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair
JS JS is offline

In article ,
clifto wrote:

I read the label "Not recommended for the following surfaces: High

Gloss, Polished, Dark,
Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not
use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."

Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying
anything?

Magic Eraser is the only thing I have ever found that cleans those
textured refrigerator door handles that get all smudged up from dirty
hands. I buy them for that reason, but found they clean marks on a
ceramic tile counter too. We have a side by side refrig. and those white
handles are often gray looking. Magic Eraser cleans them perfectly.
Nothing else worked for me. You can get quite a few uses out of one of
them, and they come 2 to a package. Get the "original" ones, not the
ones with a sponge on one side. Watch for them on sale sometimes too.