Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a good reliable 30" gas range

Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack" wrote in message
. ..
Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

I just purchase a gas stove from Best Buy, it is a Frigidaire unit, black
and stainless steel. It's a beautiful machine for about $450. I don't know
the exact price because I bought it as a package deal with a side by side
refrigerator with ice and water, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 12:21 am, "Rich" wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message

. .. Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

I just purchase a gas stove from Best Buy, it is a Frigidaire unit, black
and stainless steel. It's a beautiful machine for about $450. I don't know
the exact price because I bought it as a package deal with a side by side
refrigerator with ice and water, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer.

Rich

The cheapest 30" gas stoves I've seen are about $280. But I think the
OP is talking about electric since he said "range".

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On Mar 9, 12:21 am, "Rich" wrote:
| "Jack" wrote in message
|
| . .. Its for a
tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
| no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600,
is that
| reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?
|
| I just purchase a gas stove from Best Buy, it is a Frigidaire unit,
black
| and stainless steel. It's a beautiful machine for about $450. I
don't know
| the exact price because I bought it as a package deal with a side by
side
| refrigerator with ice and water, dishwasher, clothes washer and
dryer.

| Rich
|
| The cheapest 30" gas stoves I've seen are about $280. But I think the
| OP is talking about electric since he said "range".

a "range" can be gas,electric,or propane

a range can be free standing, a slide in, or built in.
but they are all ranges.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 5:06 am, "3G" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

oups.com...
| On Mar 9, 12:21 am, "Rich" wrote:
| "Jack" wrote in message
|
| ... Its for a
tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
| no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600,
is that
| reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?
|
| I just purchase a gas stove from Best Buy, it is a Frigidaire unit,
black
| and stainless steel. It's a beautiful machine for about $450. I
don't know
| the exact price because I bought it as a package deal with a side by
side
| refrigerator with ice and water, dishwasher, clothes washer and
dryer.

| Rich
|
| The cheapest 30" gas stoves I've seen are about $280. But I think the
| OP is talking about electric since he said "range".

a "range" can be gas,electric,or propane

a range can be free standing, a slide in, or built in.
but they are all ranges.

Just to chime in, with some information -

I needed some appliances for several tenants moving in over the past
week. Unlike the OP, I just needed SOMETHING, not new, not especially
nice, but I prefer to buy something that is at least clean. I have a
commercial account at a large local appliance and furniture store.
Their cheapest gas stove is around $229, which is white with a black
door, the "squad car" paint scheme. No window in the door, and no
clock. To get one all white, with a clock and a window in the door,
my cost is about $299. Frigidaire is usually the brand I end up
with. You can get something pretty nice for $500ish, but I would
never supply something that good to a tenant.

What did I do? I went to Craigslist, and found a gas stove for $25.
It was a relatively clean, older Tappan gas stove, with electronic
ignition and it was self cleaning. It had to weigh 100 lbs, which
made it tough to move, but all in all, I am thrilled with it.
Watching CL more, I am seeing a broad range of nice and not as nice
appliances for sale everyday.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:
On Mar 9, 12:21 am, "Rich" wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message

m... Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but

no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

I just purchase a gas stove from Best Buy, it is a Frigidaire unit, black
and stainless steel. It's a beautiful machine for about $450. I don't know
the exact price because I bought it as a package deal with a side by side
refrigerator with ice and water, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer.

Rich

The cheapest 30" gas stoves I've seen are about $280. But I think the
OP is talking about electric since he said "range".

What's the title of this thread...?

Oh yeah...

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:13:46 -0800, "Jack" wrote:

Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

Find a used appliance dealer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:13:46 -0800, "Jack" wrote:

Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

Find a used appliance dealer.

I would recommend self cleaning (especially if the tenant pays for their
gas). Tenants can leave a real mess in an oven, even if the keep an
otherwise clean house. Sealed burner would help as well.
--
Peace,
BobJ

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack" wrote in message
. ..
Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

I would first look at Craig or the want ads in your local area. Often you
can get nice ones for $50 to $75. Heck you might want to buy tow just to
have a spare.

--
Roger Shoaf

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:13:46 -0800, "Jack" wrote:

Its for a tenant so it has to be reliable, no need for top of the line but
no cheap junk either. Figure to spend anywhere from $400 to $600, is that
reasonable for a good reliable unit? Any recommendations?

I'd dig around. We have a place called Direct Maytag, and they get
scratch and dents in. Something like that might be perfect for a
rental place. I bought a high end gas/electric unit for $500 off.
Unless you know where to look, you can't find the damage.