Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are bladders replacable

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
Are bladders replacable in Well Xtrol tanks?

I cant see how to get inside but there are sometimes tricks that are
not obvious. I think mine is leaking.

Nope, they are welded inside.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 6, 3:34 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

Are bladders replacable in Well Xtrol tanks?

I cant see how to get inside but there are sometimes tricks that are
not obvious. I think mine is leaking.

Nope, they are welded inside.

Some are but from what I have seen in forums it isn't easy.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On 6 Mar 2007 07:52:01 -0800, "Harry K"
wrote:

On Mar 6, 3:34 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

Are bladders replacable in Well Xtrol tanks?

I cant see how to get inside but there are sometimes tricks that are
not obvious. I think mine is leaking.

Nope, they are welded inside.

Some are but from what I have seen in forums it isn't easy.

Harry K

WellTrol told me Home Depot can order their bladders

How do you get it inside of the welded tank?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Just Joshin" wrote in message
When I looked up Well Xtrol in google, it looked like they all are
welded.

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

Yes, I've been in their plant and watched them being made. Nifty automatic
welding machine puts on a perfect bead as the tank rotates on a horizontal
axis.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 6:53 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Just Joshin" wrote in message
When I looked up Well Xtrol in google, it looked like they all are
welded.

tom @www.MedJobSite.com

Yes, I've been in their plant and watched them being made. Nifty automatic
welding machine puts on a perfect bead as the tank rotates on a horizontal
axis.

There were some repairable ones - I don't know if they are 'xtrol's -
most of the companies these days are switching to disposable
varieties.

You could install a "Cycle Stop valve" & then a small 5 gallon tank,
that way if the tank goes bad, you're looking at a $100 tank instead
of a $400 tank. The valve costs 250, so it may be overkill. But it
will protect the pump & make it semi-constant pressure like (50 psi).

Also, make sure you check the pressure in the tank with zero water
pressure in the system once a year - Ie drain the water system, then
check the air pressure at the top of the tank with a tire gauge, it
should read 2psi below system on-pressure (depends on pressure switch,
usually 40-60 on/off or 30-50 on/of, so you'd set the tank to 38psi or
28psi).