Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] piercekiltoff@gmail.com is offline

Default Are bladders replacable

On Mar 7, 6:53 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Just Joshin" wrote in message
When I looked up Well Xtrol in google, it looked like they all are
welded.

tom @www.MedJobSite.com

Yes, I've been in their plant and watched them being made. Nifty automatic
welding machine puts on a perfect bead as the tank rotates on a horizontal
axis.

There were some repairable ones - I don't know if they are 'xtrol's -
most of the companies these days are switching to disposable
varieties.

You could install a "Cycle Stop valve" & then a small 5 gallon tank,
that way if the tank goes bad, you're looking at a $100 tank instead
of a $400 tank. The valve costs 250, so it may be overkill. But it
will protect the pump & make it semi-constant pressure like (50 psi).

Also, make sure you check the pressure in the tank with zero water
pressure in the system once a year - Ie drain the water system, then
check the air pressure at the top of the tank with a tire gauge, it
should read 2psi below system on-pressure (depends on pressure switch,
usually 40-60 on/off or 30-50 on/of, so you'd set the tank to 38psi or
28psi).