Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default reusing PEX fittings

What's the consensus here - should the PEX fittings be reused if the line
has to be cut and reworked? I cut some old PEX lines that I installed about
a year ago and I noticed that there was some blackish residue on the
fitting - rust from the galvanized to PEX interface most likely. But I
notice the discoloration and the fact that the crimp ring to some extent
distorts the fitting and it makes me wonder if I should discard old
fittings.