Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
The Real PA Coug Fan

Default Reusing a VA Mortgage.

About three years ago I purchased a house using my VA mortgage benefit.
We're looking to relocate now and will be putting our home up for sale soon.
From what I gather, a veteran's VA loan entitlement is "reusable," but the
loan must be paid off before a new certificate is provided. Ideally, we'd
like to move straight into a new home (we're moving cross-country) and not
go the sell-rent-buy scenario. But due the high priced market we're moving
to, putting 20% won't be a realisitic option (especially with moving costs
factored in); therefore, I began thinking about my VA loan benefit again.

Is it possible to get pre-qualified for a new VA loan contingent upon the
sale and satisfaction of the original VA terms? Considering this is
Veterans Affairs, I'm not feeling too confident in paperwork being satisfied
in an expedited manner (that is, sell my home, notify VA, get new VA
certificate, and close on my new home). Any opinions or similar
experiences?

Thanks.

Coug

Posted to misc.consumers.house
J.C.

"The Real PA Coug Fan" wrote in message
About three years ago I purchased a house using my VA mortgage benefit.
We're looking to relocate now and will be putting our home up for sale
soon. From what I gather, a veteran's VA loan entitlement is "reusable,"
but the loan must be paid off before a new certificate is provided.
Ideally, we'd like to move straight into a new home (we're moving
cross-country) and not go the sell-rent-buy scenario. But due the high
priced market we're moving to, putting 20% won't be a realisitic option
(especially with moving costs factored in); therefore, I began thinking
about my VA loan benefit again.

Is it possible to get pre-qualified for a new VA loan contingent upon the
sale and satisfaction of the original VA terms? Considering this is
Veterans Affairs, I'm not feeling too confident in paperwork being
satisfied in an expedited manner (that is, sell my home, notify VA, get
new VA certificate, and close on my new home). Any opinions or similar
experiences?

Thanks.

Coug

The last I heard, althought I had a VA loan and did not pursue it, you can
get a new VA loan as many times as your old VA loan is paid off. I think the
logistics are a bit cumbersome though. Heck, just go to their web page and
check or either call them up.

jc

Posted to misc.consumers.house
The Real PA Coug Fan

"J.C." wrote in message
. ..

The last I heard, althought I had a VA loan and did not pursue it, you can
get a new VA loan as many times as your old VA loan is paid off. I think
the logistics are a bit cumbersome though. Heck, just go to their web page
and check or either call them up.

jc

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you, the logistics of it are cumbersome. As for the VA
website, there is not really any information that answers my question and as
for calling them, MLK=Day off. Of course I'll give them a call today, but I
was hoping to get opinions/"other side of the story" information from a
non-VA source.

J.