Posted to alt.home.repair

Default laminate plank replacement

I installed laminate flooring a few years ago and over the course of
time some good dings have developed from dropped tools or other heavy
objects. I must replace the individual planks but there is no easy way
of doing this as I can see. Fortunately I used quarter-round to hold
it down and can pull that up easily enough but dissasembling the whole
floor to get to one plank seems daunting. Are there any tricks or
procedures to separate the planks? This flooring is similar to
tounge-and-groove and doesn't have any special locking characteristics.
Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"badgolferman" wrote in message
|I installed laminate flooring a few years ago and over the course of
| time some good dings have developed from dropped tools or other heavy
| objects. I must replace the individual planks but there is no easy
way
| of doing this as I can see. Fortunately I used quarter-round to hold
| it down and can pull that up easily enough but dissasembling the whole
| floor to get to one plank seems daunting.

Are there any tricks or| procedures to separate the planks?

cut down the middle with a circular saw (with the depth of the blade a
hair less than the thickness of the flooring) ripping the bad board in
half.
then remove both halves.

removing the board is the easy part.
the trick is installing the replacement.

This flooring is similar to
| tounge-and-groove and doesn't have any special locking
characteristics.

thats a good thing

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

That is why people like the click non glued stuff that can be disassembled
and reassembled several times. Some can't so be sure to buy the right brand
next time around.

"badgolferman" wrote in message
I installed laminate flooring a few years ago and over the course of
time some good dings have developed from dropped tools or other heavy
objects. I must replace the individual planks but there is no easy way
of doing this as I can see. Fortunately I used quarter-round to hold
it down and can pull that up easily enough but dissasembling the whole
floor to get to one plank seems daunting. Are there any tricks or
procedures to separate the planks? This flooring is similar to
tounge-and-groove and doesn't have any special locking characteristics.

cutting thin edge of plank [email protected] Woodworking 5 January 4th 07 06:27 PM
plank bank Badger UK diy 2 June 9th 05 02:51 PM
SIX PLANK HOPE CHEST J T Woodworking 6 January 30th 05 09:16 PM
Hardi plank vs Certainteed siding [email protected] Woodworking 14 January 15th 05 11:36 AM
Hardi Plank vs Certainteed siding [email protected] Home Ownership 1 January 14th 05 07:50 PM