Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covering a heat pipe to prevent heat from coming out?

My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter because
the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in the house.

I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.

The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.

Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room cooler?

Posted to alt.home.repair

TissuePaper wrote:
My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter
because the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in
the house.
I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.

The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.

Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room
cooler?

Is it an air duct bring hot air into the room? It is a hot water pipe?
More information please.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TissuePaper" wrote in message
My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter
because the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in the
house.

I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.

The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.

Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room cooler?

If by pipe you mean an air vent, yes it is possible to cover it fully or
partially to balance the heating system. There are registers made for that
purpose if you have the right size.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 9:32 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"TissuePaper" wrote in message

My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter
because the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in the
house.

I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.

The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.

Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room cooler?

If by pipe you mean an air vent, yes it is possible to cover it fully or
partially to balance the heating system. There are registers made for that
purpose if you have the right size.

Insulating foam for pipes is available in the plumbing center at any
of the home center stores. It comes in various sizes, slips over the
pipe. Look for the type that has adhesive on the slit. You pull off
the tape, slip it over the pipe and squeeze together.

It does seem a bit strange that so much heat could come from one pipe
just passing through. Normally, some tyope of radiator is required
to obtain a lot of heat from the water passing through.