Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covering a heat pipe to prevent heat from coming out?

"TissuePaper" wrote in message
My room is the smallest in the house, and it gets hot in the winter
because the heat is turned up to properly heat the bigger rooms in the
house.

I tried opening the window, but it's still hot.

The heat comes from a pipe that sticking out of the floor.

Is there anything that I can cover the pipe with to keep the room cooler?

If by pipe you mean an air vent, yes it is possible to cover it fully or
partially to balance the heating system. There are registers made for that
purpose if you have the right size.