Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows & Doors Esitmate in Maryland

I had someone come out from a local Windows and Doors place in
Maryland to give me a quote for a new bedroom window, Patio door and
Storm Door.

The cost of materials and labor came out to $4,820. Does this seem
fair?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 6:09 pm, mm wrote:
On 27 Feb 2007 14:20:42 -0800, wrote:

I had someone come out from a local Windows and Doors place in
Maryland to give me a quote for a new bedroom window, Patio door and
Storm Door.

The cost of materials and labor came out to $4,820. Does this seem
fair?

It sounds enormous to me. Are you getting something special? What do
other companies want?

By patio door, do you mean sliding glass door? That would be a lot
more clear, since it describes the door and not where the door leads
to.

Yes,

I'm trying to get a Argon filled low-e sliding Patio door and sliding
bedroom window. Also, a storm door with no low-e glass or Argon. I'm
unsure of how prices are out there. Lowes quoted me $2,809, so this is
much higher.

I live in a condo and have a 8ft Patio door and 70X35 window. My front
door is a standard 36" width.

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
|I had someone come out from a local Windows and Doors place in
| Maryland to give me a quote for a new bedroom window, Patio door and
| Storm Door.
|
| The cost of materials and labor came out to $4,820. Does this seem
| fair?

depending on the installation it could be this high (not knowing what
type of siding or trim work you have) not to mention that every brand is
not the same.
example:
the same size door from 3 different mfgr's will all be different in
price for materials.
and the cheaper the door, the more expensive the install (less quality
doors take longer for installation).

the lowest bidding contractor is usually the one with less experience.
thats why the big stores sub out the work to the lowest bidders.
any quality contractor does not sub from big stores.