Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] badaczewski@gmail.com is offline

Default Windows & Doors Esitmate in Maryland

On Feb 27, 6:09 pm, mm wrote:
On 27 Feb 2007 14:20:42 -0800, wrote:

I had someone come out from a local Windows and Doors place in
Maryland to give me a quote for a new bedroom window, Patio door and
Storm Door.

The cost of materials and labor came out to $4,820. Does this seem
fair?

It sounds enormous to me. Are you getting something special? What do
other companies want?

By patio door, do you mean sliding glass door? That would be a lot
more clear, since it describes the door and not where the door leads
to.

Yes,

I'm trying to get a Argon filled low-e sliding Patio door and sliding
bedroom window. Also, a storm door with no low-e glass or Argon. I'm
unsure of how prices are out there. Lowes quoted me $2,809, so this is
much higher.

I live in a condo and have a 8ft Patio door and 70X35 window. My front
door is a standard 36" width.