Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX Crimping question

Hi...new to working with PEX and am putting in a new bathroom. I need
to add some T's to the 3/4 inch lines and run 1/2 inch lines to sink,
toilet shower etc. I have noticed some fittings sold comes with the
black and gold copper crimp rings. (I know gold is used for
Polybutylene and black is used for PEX). I have also noticed you can
buy the single ear Stainless Steel Clamps.

My questions relates to the clamping/crimping system used. Which is
better and are their recommendations for use of copper vs stainless
rings?

The crimping tool for the copper rings is much more expensive than the
crimper for the single ear stainless rings...any idea why?

Thanks!