Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting 'blown in' ceiling.

My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny
styrofoam balls in it.

Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type
of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.

I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this
application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)

Thanks.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny
styrofoam balls in it.

Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type
of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.

I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this
application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)

Step one is to use an oil based primer the first time you paint it. Then
you use a long nap roller

Better though, is to dampen it and scrape it off and be done with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You have to get the foam roller that is sliced. That's what they're made
for and that's what does it best.

BTW, why is spraying out of the question?

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny
styrofoam balls in it.

Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type
of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.

I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this
application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)

Thanks.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 3:22 pm, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
You have to get the foam roller that is sliced. That's what they're made
for and that's what does it best.

BTW, why is spraying out of the question?

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message

oups.com...

My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny
styrofoam balls in it.

Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type
of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.

I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this
application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)

Thanks.

Lewis.

*****

Well, since you mention it, it is a closet, about 25 sq/ft and I don't
have a spray rig.

I don't like spraying, because I'm not good at it.

I don't want to do the masking, OR the cleaning up since, however well
you mask, some overspray always seems to escape.

I'd like to buy a simple, affordable product from Home Depot tomorrow,
on the way back from work, the go home and get the job done before CSI
Miami comes on.

OK, so I have thought this thing through. :-)

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 1:29 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny
styrofoam balls in it.

Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type
of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.

I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this
application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)

Thanks.

Lewis.

*****

Hopefully someone with some experience on this will be able to confirm
this, but I would not expect the foam roller to work well. However a good
quality (never buy a cheap roller or paint brush) bristle/nape type roller
with medium to long nap should do fine.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Thank you.

Thats kind of what I had hoped might be the way to go. I appreciate
it.

Lewis.

*****