Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laminate is bubbling

Hello everyone,

My family moved into a house that was newly renovated about 1 and a
half years ago. Then, there was a new laminate throughout the entire
house. Now, in the bathroom, the bottom scrapes on the laminate, when
opening the door

The bathroom is a humid place... I am wondering what options I have
for fixing it other than ripping out the floor... Any ideas?

Also is laminate a good choice for a bathroom? What has worked better
for others?

Thank-you for your input.

Regards,
Stephen

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone,

My family moved into a house that was newly renovated about 1 and a
half years ago. Then, there was a new laminate throughout the entire
house. Now, in the bathroom, the bottom scrapes on the laminate, when
opening the door

Trim the door.

The bathroom is a humid place... I am wondering what options I have
for fixing it other than ripping out the floor... Any ideas?

None. It may be cheap laminate. Reploace it with good stuff or other
material.

Also is laminate a good choice for a bathroom? What has worked better
for others?

In many cases not a good choice. Some, I think Mannington, does say it is
water resistant. I'd use ceramic tile or vinyl flooring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:

I additions to the suggestions made by Malcom, I would add rubber tile.
Soft warm durable and water does not bother it.

Good point. There's cork too. Some folks seem to like it
but I have no personal experience with it.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone,

My family moved into a house that was newly renovated about 1 and a
half years ago. Then, there was a new laminate throughout the entire
house. Now, in the bathroom, the bottom scrapes on the laminate, when
opening the door

Trim the door.

The bathroom is a humid place... I am wondering what options I have
for fixing it other than ripping out the floor... Any ideas?

None. It may be cheap laminate. Reploace it with good stuff or other
material.

Also is laminate a good choice for a bathroom? What has worked better
for others?

In many cases not a good choice. Some, I think Mannington, does say it is
water resistant. I'd use ceramic tile or vinyl flooring.

My elderly parents have had Mannington click laminate in 2 bathrooms and
kitchen for over 3 years now. It was properly installed using silicone at
edges under wall moldings as called for by Mannington for wet areas. I am
sure they are not careful with water on floor from dripping after baths and
showers. Manningtion laminate still looks brand new.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

My family moved into a house that was newly renovated about 1 and a
half years ago. Then, there was a new laminate throughout the entire
house. Now, in the bathroom, the bottom scrapes on the laminate, when
opening the door

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

Trim the door.

Before you do that, inspect the hinge side and top
edge of the door. Is it sagging, thus scraping the
floor in a way it did not 18 months ago. Using screws
1/2-inch longer than the originals may offer at least
a temporary solution, or you may insert a shim
behind the lower hinge(s).

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 24, 1:09 pm, wrote:
Hello everyone,

My family moved into a house that was newly renovated about 1 and a
half years ago. Then, there was a new laminate throughout the entire
house. Now, in the bathroom, the bottom scrapes on the laminate, when
opening the door

The bathroom is a humid place... I am wondering what options I have
for fixing it other than ripping out the floor... Any ideas?

Also is laminate a good choice for a bathroom? What has worked better
for others?

Thank-you for your input.

Regards,
Stephen

buy rugs? lay a wooden yardstick across the bottom rubbing area, mark
door,
remove door, go outdoors, trim the bottom off the door for a one-inch
clearance over your new machine washable rubber backed rugs. this will
allow replacement air to enter and carry the hot humid shower air out
your ceiling exhaust or window exhaust. or if there is a forced air
heat register the air can circulate out under the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:

I additions to the suggestions made by Malcom, I would add rubber
tile. Soft warm durable and water does not bother it.

Good point. There's cork too. Some folks seem to like it
but I have no personal experience with it.

I put cork in my library and love it there. I used a laminate version.
I would not use the same type in a bath as the laminate I used was not rated
for potential moisture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Malcolm Hoar "The more I practice, the luckier I get". |
Gary Player. |
http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks everyone for your feedback. This has been excellent.

On Feb 25, 5:52 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:

I additions to the suggestions made by Malcom, I would add rubber
tile. Soft warm durable and water does not bother it.

Good point. There's cork too. Some folks seem to like it
but I have no personal experience with it.

I put cork in my library and love it there. I used a laminate version.
I would not use the same type in a bath as the laminate I used was not rated
for potential moisture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Malcolm Hoar "The more I practice, the luckier I get". |
Gary Player. |
http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Bubbling Central Heating - Fixed [email protected] UK diy 0 February 23rd 07 03:31 PM
Paint bubbling News.individual.net UK diy 1 February 22nd 07 06:49 AM
New acrylic paint on concrete is bubbling Mark K Home Repair 18 January 27th 07 01:32 PM
bubbling heat Sox04 Home Repair 3 May 20th 04 12:40 AM
Bubbling Keston 25 Problem - Please help StevieBoy UK diy 24 January 26th 04 09:35 AM