Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom Light Fixture

Hi,

I have a new house but my electrician bailed on me before installing
the last few ligth fixtures. The only problem I have is a bathroom
vanity light. There is a switch on the wall to the left of the vanity
and another on the right side.

When I cut through the drywall to find the wire the only thing I can
come up with is a wire, probably 14/3, that appears to run from the
direction of the switch on the left up to the level where the vanity
light would go and then down towards the switch on the right. My
thinking is is that I should cut this wire and install the light
resulting in a switch to light to switch type circuit. Am I right or
am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 9:35 am, wrote:
Hi,

I have a new house but my electrician bailed on me before installing
the last few ligth fixtures. The only problem I have is a bathroom
vanity light. There is a switch on the wall to the left of the vanity
and another on the right side.

When I cut through the drywall to find the wire the only thing I can
come up with is a wire, probably 14/3, that appears to run from the
direction of the switch on the left up to the level where the vanity
light would go and then down towards the switch on the right. My
thinking is is that I should cut this wire and install the light
resulting in a switch to light to switch type circuit. Am I right or
am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help.

I have no idea exacty what's there, but my guess is that the switch
closest to the door is for the lights and the othr switch is for a
vent fan or heater.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 10:20 am, wrote:
On Feb 20, 9:35 am, wrote:

[...]

vent fan or heater.- Hide quoted text -

The switch next to the door has three switches and operates the
overhead light, overhead nightlight and vent van. The switch next to
the sink on the right is a single switch, presumably for the vanity
light, with a GFCI (?) outlet. What is confusing me is that the only
wire in the area where the vanity light will mount is that wire that
comes through the stud from the lower left up to the level of the
vanity light and then then back through a stud down towards the lower
right. There are no other wires back there.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Feb 20, 9:55 am, wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:20 am, wrote:

On Feb 20, 9:35 am, wrote:

[...]

I would presume there was a roughout for the light mounting and the
wire you've talked of finding is there?

Are the switches 2- or 3-way switches? If this is a long (as in
double-sink) vanity, and they're 3-way, could be the intent was to
have a switch at each end for convenience instead of having to make
the long reach/couple of steps from the other end.

Removing a Bathroom Light Fixture. [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 31st 07 05:00 AM
replacing bathroom light fixture [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 30th 06 12:14 PM
Mounting extension for bathroom light fixture BCDrums Home Repair 3 April 3rd 06 03:26 AM
Light Fixture Corinne Home Repair 9 November 10th 05 05:02 AM
Light Fixture Will No barry martin Home Repair 3 February 23rd 04 10:17 PM