Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blown-in Insulation

If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"sherwindu" wrote in message
If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any
way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Yes, it is done all the time, usually from the roof. When I had my last
house done, they guaranteed the roof patch longer than the rest of the roof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

sherwindu wrote:
If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Sure, can be blown in from the roof side .

I would be concerned about condensation in the insulation though
if it gets cold where you live (rather than hot).
Consider applying vapor barrier paint to the ceiling
or some decorative material which acts as vapor barrier.

Ventilation of the roof space would help too.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had mine done via the roof access. They were able to snake the hose
around my "attic" from that one central location. It wasn't easy, but
it did work.

blown-in insulation vs. batts mm Home Repair 7 November 20th 06 09:07 PM
Blown insulation in everything Croco Stimpy Home Repair 7 July 11th 05 06:14 PM
Blown Insulation u4ick Home Repair 3 June 22nd 05 03:56 AM
blown in insulation lindy Home Repair 5 June 19th 05 10:33 PM
Blown in Insulation GAC Home Repair 14 January 13th 04 06:53 PM