DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Blown-in Insulation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192243-blown-insulation.html)

sherwindu February 14th 07 06:06 AM

Blown-in Insulation

If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Edwin Pawlowski February 14th 07 11:30 AM

Blown-in Insulation

"sherwindu" wrote in message
If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any
way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Yes, it is done all the time, usually from the roof. When I had my last
house done, they guaranteed the roof patch longer than the rest of the roof.

Speedy Jim February 14th 07 01:54 PM

Blown-in Insulation

sherwindu wrote:
If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any way
that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Sure, can be blown in from the roof side .

I would be concerned about condensation in the insulation though
if it gets cold where you live (rather than hot).
Consider applying vapor barrier paint to the ceiling
or some decorative material which acts as vapor barrier.

Ventilation of the roof space would help too.

Jim

[email protected] February 15th 07 02:53 PM

Blown-in Insulation

I had mine done via the roof access. They were able to snake the hose
around my "attic" from that one central location. It wasn't easy, but
it did work.