Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile on floor before cement is set/hardened OK?

I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it
as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before
the cement is set/hardenend?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would consider that a bad idea. Let the cement cure fully then use a
thinset or there recommended material.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

"a1esta" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it
as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before
the cement is set/hardenend?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 7:48 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
I would consider that a bad idea. Let the cement cure fully then use a
thinset or there recommended material.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

"a1esta" wrote in message

ups.com...

I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it
as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before
the cement is set/hardenend?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Not to mention, even if this were theoretically possible, what are you
going to stand, if you tried to do this? With a concrete slab
already cured, you stand on it and do a section of the tile at at
time. With a whole floor concrete pour, then what????

Posted to alt.home.repair

a1esta writes:

I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it
as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before
the cement is set/hardenend?

If you have to ask this question, I'd be surprised if you could finish
tiling something in that little time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 12, 6:54 pm, "a1esta" wrote:
I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it
as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before
the cement is set/hardenend?

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the replies!

Guess I'll let the cement cured before laying the tiles. But I have
another question. I have to use a sand cement mix (1:3 ratio, I think)
as a mortar to bond the ceramic tiles right? The question is, if I
have on hand much more cement than sand, would it be a problem? Is
there any harm for having too much cement than sand in building a
cement base or in a cement mortar?

Thanks again!

how to remove cement / adhesive from ceramic tile before re-attaching it to floor Alan Home Repair 10 December 18th 08 04:38 AM
Cement based floor tile? terry UK diy 0 December 1st 06 07:28 PM
What makes tile cement set? Ron Lowe UK diy 5 November 11th 06 10:10 AM
Removing floor tile cement bilbo*baggins UK diy 2 June 6th 06 10:22 PM
Cement-won't-set problem Lobster UK diy 3 December 9th 04 07:03 PM