Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wobbly Delta kitchen faucet

Hello! I don't find this subject in an XPAT search, so maybe somebody will
reply with the info. Our Delta mixer kitchen faucet is so wobbly that you
have to hold the base when you move the handle. It's partly my fault
because I moved it when tightening the adjuster ring with that little tool
they give you in the repair kit. The faucet is in a one-piece Am. Standard
cast sink. I don't see how it attaches. There's some sort of clip
underneath which is not tight. Do I have to remove the sink? Can I shim
it from underneath? Did something drop out when I was wrestling with it
before?
If you know how these things are attached, let me know.
Thanks. Ed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Ferris wrote:

Hello! I don't find this subject in an XPAT search, so maybe somebody will
reply with the info. Our Delta mixer kitchen faucet is so wobbly that you
have to hold the base when you move the handle. It's partly my fault
because I moved it when tightening the adjuster ring with that little tool
they give you in the repair kit. The faucet is in a one-piece Am. Standard
cast sink. I don't see how it attaches. There's some sort of clip
underneath which is not tight. Do I have to remove the sink? Can I shim
it from underneath? Did something drop out when I was wrestling with it
before?
If you know how these things are attached, let me know.
Thanks. Ed.

Get the model number and go to Delta's web site
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
It will take some hunting but they do have a lot of info.

Or at least post back with the link to a pic of the model you have.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Ferris none wrote in :

Hello! I don't find this subject in an XPAT search, so maybe somebody
will reply with the info. Our Delta mixer kitchen faucet is so
wobbly that you have to hold the base when you move the handle. It's
partly my fault because I moved it when tightening the adjuster ring
with that little tool they give you in the repair kit. The faucet is
in a one-piece Am. Standard cast sink. I don't see how it attaches.
There's some sort of clip underneath which is not tight. Do I have to
remove the sink? Can I shim it from underneath? Did something drop
out when I was wrestling with it before?
If you know how these things are attached, let me know.
Thanks. Ed.

The clip is tightened by a 1/2-in. hex socket, from underneath the sink.
The adjuster is parallel to the hoses on the side toward the user.