Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ferris Ed Ferris is offline

Default Wobbly Delta kitchen faucet

Ed Ferris none wrote in :

Hello! I don't find this subject in an XPAT search, so maybe somebody
will reply with the info. Our Delta mixer kitchen faucet is so
wobbly that you have to hold the base when you move the handle. It's
partly my fault because I moved it when tightening the adjuster ring
with that little tool they give you in the repair kit. The faucet is
in a one-piece Am. Standard cast sink. I don't see how it attaches.
There's some sort of clip underneath which is not tight. Do I have to
remove the sink? Can I shim it from underneath? Did something drop
out when I was wrestling with it before?
If you know how these things are attached, let me know.
Thanks. Ed.

The clip is tightened by a 1/2-in. hex socket, from underneath the sink.
The adjuster is parallel to the hoses on the side toward the user.