Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Apartment heating options...

I have a duplex. I live on one side and the other side is an 800 SF
apartment. The apartment is currently heated by an Empire 35,000 BTU
gas (lp) wall unit (it's old). The water heater is a RUUD 30 gallon
gas (lp) water heater. I will need to replace the water heater soon,
so I thought why not replace both the heater and hot water heater with
a bolier/hot water heater. The apartment already has the forced hot
water baseboards in place (at some point they seperated the heat and
hot water) and all the plumbing runs right above the current hot water
heater. There seems to be so many options (too many). I was wondering
what anyone here would recommend. I was looking at the Takagi TK JR
which seems like it would be adequate since there is only one shower
and no dishwasher. I would need one zone for the first floor
baseboards with the possibility of adding another zone later on. The
second floor currently has electric baseboard heat. Any input would be
much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 7, 3:44 pm, " wrote:
[...]

One more thing... I live in southern New Hampshire so it gets
realtively cold.