Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reliance Sta Kleen 502

I have a 50 gallon Reliance Sta Kleen 502 electric water heater. It
is not heating up the water. I have tried to find a manual online --
to no avail. Can anyone make a suggestion. I'm not sure how old it
is. I just bought this house last year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 6, 11:25 pm, "Big Al" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have a 50 gallon Reliance Sta Kleen 502 electric water heater. It
is not heating up the water. I have tried to find a manual online --
to no avail. Can anyone make a suggestion. I'm not sure how old it
is. I just bought this house last year.

Check and see if the breaker is on. If it is, you'll need to remove the
cover and start troubleshooting. 240 volts in there. Are you up to it?

Al

Hi Al,

Although I hate to admit to a lack of knowledge, as a female, what you
are suggesting is beyond my comprehension. Could you break this
down a little for me?

Almy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 6, 11:25 pm, "Big Al" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have a 50 gallon Reliance Sta Kleen 502 electric water heater. It
is not heating up the water. I have tried to find a manual online --
to no avail. Can anyone make a suggestion. I'm not sure how old it
is. I just bought this house last year.

Check and see if the breaker is on. If it is, you'll need to remove the
cover and start troubleshooting. 240 volts in there. Are you up to it?

Al

Al,

By the way, the breaker switch is in the on position.

Almy