Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hot water problem

I have recently had a new bathtub installed and I am only getting semi-
warm water from the faucet. I have turned up the hot water heater and
I am getting very hot water from all the other faucets in the house.
Also when I push the handle forcefully to the hot side the water does
get someone hotter. Is there something that I can adjust in the handle
to get this problem resolved?

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 10:35 pm, wrote:
I have recently had a new bathtub installed and I am only getting semi-
warm water from the faucet. I have turned up the hot water heater and
I am getting very hot water from all the other faucets in the house.
Also when I push the handle forcefully to the hot side the water does
get someone hotter. Is there something that I can adjust in the handle
to get this problem resolved?

Jeff

Usually a simple adjustment. Two that I have seen both require taking
the knob off.

1 an indexing disc that gets taken off and repositioned
2 a screw that get adjusted to limit the travel of the knob

Check the manual that the plumber gave you for the handle or the
website.

Strange CH problem, downstairs rads only get hot with hot water off [email protected] UK diy 4 January 9th 07 09:59 PM
Hot water problem Postal68 Home Repair 5 October 19th 06 10:43 PM
Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
Hot Water problem Peter Hawkins UK diy 2 December 22nd 04 08:01 PM