Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New sink doesn't fit

We had a porcelein sink and redid our kitchen. We put stone on the
countertops, and our old sink fit. (33 x27). We just bought a new
stainless steel drop-in and it doesn't fit because of the tracks on
the side. Any advice? I know the tracks are crucial, but it seems that
our hole (33 x 27) isn't big enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry-- our sink opening is standard 33 x 22

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 29, 9:28 pm, "nate and kate" wrote:
Sorry-- our sink opening is standard 33 x 22

The people that did the counter top made the mistake. Talk to them
about correcting it. Alternatively, return your SS sink and take a
tape measure to the store to check sink sizes and perhaps you can find
one that fits better, Good luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 10:30 am, "Joe" wrote:
On Jan 29, 9:28 pm, "nate and kate" wrote:

Sorry-- our sink opening is standard 33 x 22The people that did the counter top made the mistake. Talk to them

about correcting it. Alternatively, return your SS sink and take a
tape measure to the store to check sink sizes and perhaps you can find
one that fits better, Good luck.

Joe

How do you see it as the people who did the countertops fault? From
the description, it sounds like they had the stone countertops done to
fit with their old sink, not the new one. Normally, the countertop
guys want the actual sink that is going to go in to avoid this type of
problem.

I agree that they have 2 choices. Have the countertop guys enlarge
the opening to fit, which may not be that difficult. Or get a sink
that fits. The various manufacturers have websites with all the
specs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 30, 9:43 am, wrote:
On Jan 30, 10:30 am, "Joe" wrote:

On Jan 29, 9:28 pm, "nate and kate" wrote:

Sorry-- our sink opening is standard 33 x 22The people that did the counter top made the mistake. Talk to them

about correcting it. Alternatively, return your SS sink and take a
tape measure to the store to check sink sizes and perhaps you can find
one that fits better, Good luck.

Joe

How do you see it as the people who did the countertops fault? From
the description, it sounds like they had the stone countertops done to
fit with their old sink, not the new one. Normally, the countertop
guys want the actual sink that is going to go in to avoid this type of
problem.

Mea culpa, I didn't think about the possibilty of custom fitting the
old sink. My assumption was that like the stacks of countertops at the
box stores that the opening was cut to a standard size. Obviously it
was not, as the new sink then would have fit just fine.

I agree that they have 2 choices. Have the countertop guys enlarge
the opening to fit, which may not be that difficult. Or get a sink
that fits. The various manufacturers have websites with all the
specs.

For example, the Kohler site has a dazzling array of SS sinks, with
sizes, gauges and details galore.
Cheers,

Joe