Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eliminating dust specks

I've managed to paint a glass smooth, brush-stroke free finish using
semi-gloss oil, but there are a few dust specks that I'd like to get
rid of. I just bought some 1500 grit sandpaper and some rubbing
compound, but I haven't tried them yet. Any advice on how to proceed
appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Greg Esres wrote:
I've managed to paint a glass smooth, brush-stroke free finish using
semi-gloss oil, but there are a few dust specks that I'd like to get
rid of. I just bought some 1500 grit sandpaper and some rubbing
compound, but I haven't tried them yet. Any advice on how to proceed
appreciated.

A brand new razor blade scraper. I got dust on my paint roller while
painting a ceiling; didn't see it until it was dry. Gave it a shave.
Worked nicely, but I didn't have a "glass smoothe" surface to mar )
Posted to alt.home.repair

use tack cloth before painting

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn:
Worked nicely, but I didn't have a "glass smoothe" surface to
mar )

I'm looking for perfection, else I'd used latex. ;-) Tried the
sandpaper and rubbing compound. Made the surface very smooth, but the
gloss level is lower than the untouched paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 3:34 pm, " wrote:
use tack cloth before painting

I'm thinking the dust arrived after painting.