Posted to alt.home.repair
Jean

Default filtering specks out of paint

I always paint out of a small paint tray. When I'm done painting, I dump
the remaining paint into a can that I use for excess paint (as opposed
to putting the excess back into the original can). That way I can at
least keep the original can free of what I call "paint boogers" - you
know, those little bits of congealed paint that are accidently scraped
off the brush or tray. So now I've got to figure out how to efficiently
and thoroughly strain the "boogers" out of the paint in the can
containing all the excess paint. I considered using some panty hose as a
strainer, but I thought that might add some fibers. What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,

Jean
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:06:34 -0500, Jean wrote:

I always paint out of a small paint tray. When I'm done painting, I dump
the remaining paint into a can that I use for excess paint (as opposed
to putting the excess back into the original can). That way I can at
least keep the original can free of what I call "paint boogers" - you
know, those little bits of congealed paint that are accidently scraped
off the brush or tray. So now I've got to figure out how to efficiently
and thoroughly strain the "boogers" out of the paint in the can
containing all the excess paint. I considered using some panty hose as a
strainer, but I thought that might add some fibers. What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,

Jean

Cheese cloth is a little too slow. A local paint place will have
paint strainers for large buckets (2.5 - 5 gallon), prolly even
smaller. A local automotive store will have small paint strainers used
to filter paint. And yes even panty hose.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Nylon hose would work perfectly (although slowly) as would cheese cloth or
filter cloth from the paint store.

"Jean" wrote in message
I always paint out of a small paint tray. When I'm done painting, I dump
the remaining paint into a can that I use for excess paint (as opposed to
putting the excess back into the original can). That way I can at least
keep the original can free of what I call "paint boogers" - you know, those
little bits of congealed paint that are accidently scraped off the brush or
tray. So now I've got to figure out how to efficiently and thoroughly
strain the "boogers" out of the paint in the can containing all the excess
paint. I considered using some panty hose as a strainer, but I thought that
might add some fibers. What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,

Jean

indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers? Ari Shapiro Home Repair 3 November 17th 03 09:17 PM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Mark & Shauna Home Ownership 10 July 26th 03 02:35 PM