Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default filtering specks out of paint

Nylon hose would work perfectly (although slowly) as would cheese cloth or
filter cloth from the paint store.

"Jean" wrote in message
I always paint out of a small paint tray. When I'm done painting, I dump
the remaining paint into a can that I use for excess paint (as opposed to
putting the excess back into the original can). That way I can at least
keep the original can free of what I call "paint boogers" - you know, those
little bits of congealed paint that are accidently scraped off the brush or
tray. So now I've got to figure out how to efficiently and thoroughly
strain the "boogers" out of the paint in the can containing all the excess
paint. I considered using some panty hose as a strainer, but I thought that
might add some fibers. What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,

Jean