Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Possible Fixes for Hardwood Floor Hump.

I have a 90 year old home, which as seen plenty of settling. Steel
peirs have been put in place twice and the house is no longer settling
and remains level in all areas but one. There is a ridge in the floor
which doesn't seem too large, but when I put a laser level on it's
peak, the line hit the wall at about 5 inches. Yikes! This ridge is
due to a cinder-block wall that has the basement on one side and
crawlspace on the other and runs the width of the house. It doesn't
seem to have taken part in the settling process. If you go about a
meter to either side of the peak, the floor is perfectly level. I'd
like to fix this problem without replacing the floor. Any suggestions?

FYI...First time home buyer and new to all of this... I'm in trouble
aren't I?

Hardwood floor installation Jack Home Repair 5 May 14th 06 10:57 PM
hardwood floor underlayment JD Home Repair 5 May 14th 06 02:07 AM
Faded Hardwood Floor? julvr Woodworking 3 May 4th 05 12:11 AM
hardwood floor ? Fire&Ice Home Repair 8 February 2nd 05 04:04 PM
Hardwood Floor - High Spot in Floor Steve Johnson Home Repair 2 March 27th 04 10:58 PM