Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace problem

Have a used Carrier gas furnace I'm setting up in my shop. Has electronic
ignition, spark type, and has a ill designed bi-metal switch that assures
the pilot is lit before allowing the main burners to come on. See eBay #
120079668335. Anyway, the switch is bad and a new one is not going to
happen. I feel it's a poor design at best and it's expensive to boot. Any
ideas on how I can rig this to work some other safe way? The spark ignitor
and pilot work fine as is. BTW: The switch needs to be SPDT.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair

Big Al wrote:
Have a used Carrier gas furnace I'm setting up in my shop. Has
electronic ignition, spark type, and has a ill designed bi-metal
switch that assures the pilot is lit before allowing the main burners
to come on. See eBay # 120079668335. Anyway, the switch is bad and a
new one is not going to happen. I feel it's a poor design at best and
it's expensive to boot. Any ideas on how I can rig this to work some
other safe way? The spark ignitor and pilot work fine as is. BTW: The
switch needs to be SPDT.

Al

Well, if you aren't willing to do the requisite repairs, then you might's
well install it right into your shop as you propose; you might just die a
little sooner, that's all.

Do NOT put a furnace IN your shop without a complete, fire-safe and
operating environment! You could take years off our life span. Unless
that's what you want, I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pop`" wrote in message
Big Al wrote:
[...]

Would be nice if you could read. I teach third grade reading here, maybe you
could come to our classes. BTW: What exactly did I propose?

Al

Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
Furnace Problem [email protected] Home Ownership 1 January 15th 05 07:02 PM
Furnace Problem Doug Miller Home Repair 3 November 7th 04 02:09 PM
Furnace Problem Doug Miller Home Ownership 3 November 7th 04 02:09 PM
Furnace Problem...HELP! torque Home Repair 5 January 6th 04 01:24 AM