Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Electric Salvation

I finally solved my electric woes. I had low voltage problems throughout my
house. After running lots of test I came to the conclusion it had to be a
problem outside my house. I called PECO to check it and they came out they
said there was water leaking in to my electric meter and I would have to pay
to have it replaced. Since I have backup power to all my electronics I was
in no rush to pay for this.

Just the other day (about 6 months later) I came home to a note on my door
that said, PECO has performed service and replace an outside connection.
And just like that my power is working 100%. I check the meter and its the
same so I am not sure what they did.

I am just amazed at this. I guess sometimes it pays to be a procrastinator.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Around Raleigh NC they are replacing meters with digital meters. Power
bills go up because, as it turns out, the old meters slow down with age.

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I finally solved my electric woes. I had low voltage problems throughout
my house. After running lots of test I came to the conclusion it had to be
a problem outside my house. I called PECO to check it and they came out
they said there was water leaking in to my electric meter and I would have
to pay to have it replaced. Since I have backup power to all my
electronics I was in no rush to pay for this.

Just the other day (about 6 months later) I came home to a note on my door
that said, PECO has performed service and replace an outside connection.
And just like that my power is working 100%. I check the meter and its
the same so I am not sure what they did.

I am just amazed at this. I guess sometimes it pays to be a
procrastinator.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Bob wrote:
I finally solved my electric woes... I called PECO to check it and they came out they
said there was water leaking in to my electric meter and I would have to pay
to have it replaced...
Just the other day (about 6 months later) I came home to a note on my door
that said, PECO has performed service and replace an outside connection.
And just like that my power is working 100%.

Can you tell if the meter has a new seal? If so, the utility may have
repaired or inspected the connections in the socket. In many cases the
utility is responsible for the meter itself, but the customer is
responsible for the enclosure. The problem could have been in the line
prior to the meter.