Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furnace blower goes off and on irratically

I have a oil forced hot air furnace and the blower motor when the
furnace shuts down the blower motor will go on for a few seconds then
shut off then go on for a few more seconds then shut off and continues
to do this for a few minutes then stop and when the furnace kicks on it
will do it again but stay on longer each time till it stays on till the
end and then all over again. This will do this not all the time but
more then it should and is annoying..Any help???? Thanks....Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a oil forced hot air furnace and the blower motor when the
furnace shuts down the blower motor will go on for a few seconds then
shut off then go on for a few more seconds then shut off and continues
to do this for a few minutes then stop and when the furnace kicks on it
will do it again but stay on longer each time till it stays on till the
end and then all over again. This will do this not all the time but
more then it should and is annoying..Any help???? Thanks....Dave

It seems that your blower control switch, the OFF, is adjusted at too high
of a temperature.
When the burner kicks off, the blower should run, until the furnace plenum
is cool, and if the Switch OFF is correct, the blower will switch off. If
the switch OFF is to
high, the blower will switch on again, until the furnace is cooled down.
I hope I make sense, I have a hard time explaining things sometimes!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Call a heating tech to adjust the fan limit switch.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a oil forced hot air furnace and the blower motor when

the
furnace shuts down the blower motor will go on for a few

seconds then
shut off then go on for a few more seconds then shut off and

continues
to do this for a few minutes then stop and when the furnace

kicks on it
will do it again but stay on longer each time till it stays on

till the
end and then all over again. This will do this not all the time

but
more then it should and is annoying..Any help????

Thanks....Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is this something i can do cause i am somewhat of a handyman man
around the hoise....Where is it located?
On Jan 24, 6:23 pm, "Andy & Carol" wrote:
wrote in oglegroups.com...

I have a oil forced hot air furnace and the blower motor when the
furnace shuts down the blower motor will go on for a few seconds then
shut off then go on for a few more seconds then shut off and continues
to do this for a few minutes then stop and when the furnace kicks on it
will do it again but stay on longer each time till it stays on till the
end and then all over again. This will do this not all the time but
more then it should and is annoying..Any help???? Thanks....DaveIt seems that your blower control switch, the OFF, is adjusted at too high

of a temperature.
When the burner kicks off, the blower should run, until the furnace plenum
is cool, and if the Switch OFF is correct, the blower will switch off. If
the switch OFF is to
high, the blower will switch on again, until the furnace is cooled down.
I hope I make sense, I have a hard time explaining things sometimes!

Uses for 1/4 hp furnace blower motor Dan Jefferson Woodworking 13 October 5th 06 07:20 AM
Furnace Blower Balancing? [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 28th 06 07:17 PM
Furnace Blower Comes on but heat does not Joe Lennox Home Ownership 9 December 23rd 04 06:05 AM
Noisy furnace blower Scott Home Repair 8 August 18th 04 10:55 PM
Replacing furnace blower motor D O G Home Ownership 27 August 23rd 03 03:29 AM