Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kitchen cabinets on the cheap

I have been looking around for new kitchen cabinets.In a lot of cases,
the cabinets themselves look the same (white mdf?) and it is just the
doors and trim that make the cabinet.So I am thinking why not just put
doors and trim on my existing cabinets and save money.Is it this
easy?One thing I havent had time to check on is if the cabinets are
standard sizes, and if I would be able to find doors at Home Depot that
would fit my cabinets.Anyone know if cabinets are standard sizes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"brent" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been looking around for new kitchen cabinets.In a lot of cases,
the cabinets themselves look the same (white mdf?) and it is just the
doors and trim that make the cabinet.So I am thinking why not just put
doors and trim on my existing cabinets and save money.Is it this
easy?One thing I havent had time to check on is if the cabinets are
standard sizes, and if I would be able to find doors at Home Depot that
would fit my cabinets.Anyone know if cabinets are standard sizes?

No one can answer that without seeing the cabinets. Why don't you just
measure your doors and drawer fronts, take a ride to Home Depot and measure
theirs? At least you'd get the right answer that way, not guesses like you'd
get here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are webage that specialize in replacement kitchen cabinets.
Serach for them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are websites that specialize in replacement kitchen cabinet
doors. I've never used them, but they looked good to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 11:34 am, "TH" wrote:
Check the Rockler catalog or website for refacing materials and book."brent"

Good call - I know Rockler makes custom replacement doors and drawer
fronts to your specified sizes - I priced some out about a year ago and
they seemed pretty reasonable. (Didn't end up buying that house that
needed them...)
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details
They also sell materials for refacing existing doors/drawers, and
refacing existing cabinet frames and ends.
No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 24 Jan 2007 04:40:58 -0800, "brent" wrote:

I have been looking around for new kitchen cabinets.In a lot of cases,
the cabinets themselves look the same (white mdf?) and it is just the
doors and trim that make the cabinet.So I am thinking why not just put
doors and trim on my existing cabinets and save money.Is it this
easy?One thing I havent had time to check on is if the cabinets are
standard sizes, and if I would be able to find doors at Home Depot that
would fit my cabinets.Anyone know if cabinets are standard sizes?

Is this an ad for Fancy Fronts. That's what they do. I don't know if
they will just sell the fronts without the labor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

call kitchen tune-up
http://www.kitchentuneup.com/

"brent" wrote in message
oups.com...
|I have been looking around for new kitchen cabinets.In a lot of cases,
| the cabinets themselves look the same (white mdf?) and it is just the
| doors and trim that make the cabinet.So I am thinking why not just put
| doors and trim on my existing cabinets and save money.Is it this
| easy?One thing I havent had time to check on is if the cabinets are
| standard sizes, and if I would be able to find doors at Home Depot
that
| would fit my cabinets.Anyone know if cabinets are standard sizes?

kitchen cabinets..what to get [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 22nd 06 04:36 PM
Kitchen Cabinets david lang UK diy 5 October 2nd 05 10:53 AM
Kitchen cabinets Alexander Galkin Woodworking 13 March 5th 05 01:28 PM
Kitchen cabinets Jason Miller Home Ownership 4 September 9th 04 07:46 PM
Kitchen Cabinets Mike Home Repair 0 July 28th 04 03:32 PM