Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet leaks at Floor when Septic Backs Up

My toilet never leaks on the floor, but last week the pipe to our
septic froze. I had a plumber fix the clog and thats solved. But
when it was backed up, a small amount of water was leaking where the
toilet joins the floor. That tells me the wax ring is leaking.
But, is it normal for the wax ring to leak when the sewer backs up?

Tom
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Remove, clean mating surfaces and replace with new .
Takes about a half hour and costs about 3$

Agree. And the toilet may actually be leaking the rest of the time
too, just less so that it's not visible. This can result in rotting
of the floor before a problem is noticed.