Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vacuum Cleaner Sucked my Socks

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take the socks out. Repair finished.

--
Steve Barker

"foz_m" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Posted to alt.home.repair

Socks is not in the Bag. Actually when I turn on the cleaner it sounds
funny. Do you know how to open and pull socks out from the vacuum? Also
should I normally continue Vaccuming
Steve Barker wrote:
Take the socks out. Repair finished.

--
Steve Barker

"foz_m" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
While I was Vaccuming today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Posted to alt.home.repair

foz_m wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Remove the socks. Seriously... there should be no other problem.

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

If this is truly not a troll, you will need to disassemble the
vacuum cleaner until you can get to the point that is clogged.
Older vacuums were screwed together on the bottom. Newer ones may
have a combination of screws and plastic tabs. Follow the path
that debris has to follow.

It is not rocket science. Your other choices: take it to a
repair shop, replace it. Seems to be the American way, and makes
for interesting dumpster diving.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

ups.com...

"foz_m" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
While I was Vaccuming today using Hose mode feature, my
Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how
to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Posted to alt.home.repair

Please explain a little more that what you wrote. How can I remove the
socks? I am using Eureka 7975 Smart Vac. Will I need to unscrew the
entire Vac to pull my Socks out?
Please explain

Thanks

trainfan1 wrote:
foz_m wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Remove the socks. Seriously... there should be no other problem.

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair

You will need to go at least as far as changing the brush, but you
will probably need to go further.

Go to this site: http://www.eureka.com/servlet/FindOwnersGuide

I did find this: 7700-7900 at
http://www.eureka.com/servlet/FindOwnersGuide

You will need the model number from the silver plate, not some
fancy writing on the machine. I found no information on a model
7975.
WHERE DO I FIND MY MODEL NUMBER? The model number on the cleaner
is located on a silver metallic-colored rating plate that is
placed in an area that can be found easily, usually on the back or
bottom of the cleaner. In the example of the rating plate on the
right, notice that the model is "4335" and the type is "DX". You
would enter "4335DX" (without the double quotes) in the box above.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
A live Singing Valentine quartet,
a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU!
(local)
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ (national)

oups.com...

trainfan1 wrote:
foz_m wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my
Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how
to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Remove the socks. Seriously... there should be no other
problem.

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair

foz_m wrote:
Please explain a little more that what you wrote. How can I remove the
socks? I am using Eureka 7975 Smart Vac. Will I need to unscrew the
entire Vac to pull my Socks out?
Please explain

Thanks

Troll score -3.

First, there is no Eureka model 7975 Smart Vac. Second, remove the hose
and see if the socks are stuck in the hose. Third, if not there, then
look where the hose attaches. Fourth, if you still haven't found the
socks, then they have joined the ones that the dryer eats in that
mysterious sock dimension where no human has been able to properly
fathom. Fifthly, replace the vacuum.
--
Grandpa
Posted to alt.home.repair

remove hose flush hose with water from say a garden hose, hang so all
water drains out before reassembly

Posted to alt.home.repair

foz_m wrote:
Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

remove and check the hose , you might need a broom handle to push
through the hose to remove the obstruction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"foz_m" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hi
| While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
| sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to
repair?

| Thanks
| Foz_m

what the hell was your sock doing on your genitals
there are better ways to get a bj "thetiler".

Posted to alt.home.repair

foz_m wrote:
Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

..
Are we sure this in't a troll?????? Seems like it!
Socks should be stuck in the bag or the hose etc. or depending on type,
in the motor itself or against a HEPA filter on the output.
But if someone has to ask about something like this it indicates that
they should take it for repair.
Such an individual probably doesn't have any tools or the know how and
will just waste the time of people on alt.home.repair asking
questions about things that are obvious to most competent
do-iy-yourselfers with the right tools. And then put it back together
wrong!
Oh: And pick up socks before vacuuming! You have another pair?
Gee whiz our vacuum is about 40 years old (and looks it!). It gets new
dust bag etc. and/or we fix some small item, from time to time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Jan 2007 18:43:56 -0800, "foz_m" wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

imho:

Was vaccuming a room, and unknown to me, a suicidal sock leaped
completely into my vacuum. This resulted in the brush becoming
instantly locked, and the belt smoked and melted through. A lot of
smoke, and I thought it was on fire.. After I retreved the vacuum
from the front yard, I found that I had to unassemble the vacuum,
remove the sock and replace the melted belt.

So that worked for me, one thing I will remember next time, start it
up outdoors. The smells of burning rubber was strong after first
fixing the vacuum.

This was my story, I don't have a eureka, I have a hoover, so you
should reference your manual for any steps needed for belt changes.

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Grandpa
First of all, there is a Model Number #7975. Please read Dan
instruction he has outline. I found these very helpful to fix my
Problem and Pull the Socks out.

Grandpa wrote:
foz_m wrote:
Please explain a little more that what you wrote. How can I remove the
socks? I am using Eureka 7975 Smart Vac. Will I need to unscrew the
entire Vac to pull my Socks out?
Please explain

Thanks

Troll score -3.

First, there is no Eureka model 7975 Smart Vac. Second, remove the hose
and see if the socks are stuck in the hose. Third, if not there, then
look where the hose attaches. Fourth, if you still haven't found the
socks, then they have joined the ones that the dryer eats in that
mysterious sock dimension where no human has been able to properly
fathom. Fifthly, replace the vacuum.
--
Grandpa

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks a lot Dan G I could pull my Socks out. Vacuum Cleaner works
great now!!!!

Thanks again

DanG wrote:
[...]

oups.com...

trainfan1 wrote:
foz_m wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my
Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how
to repair?

Thanks
Foz_m

Remove the socks. Seriously... there should be no other
problem.

Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 20 Jan 2007 18:43:56 -0800, "foz_m" wrote:

Hi
While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner
sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Obviously, the vacuum is not smart enough. You need to send it to
school.

I have a foot-long pair of tweezers. I had no idea what use they
would have when I bought them, but they are good for vacuum cleaners.

Thanks
Foz_m