Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Table Construction?

This is a little outside the scope of this group but I thought I'd try
anyhow. I have an old Fischer 8 ft Pool Table. I'm not sure if it's a one
or 3 piece slate. I have a couple of professional pool table mover estimates
of $300-500 to move it. I don't think the table is worth a whole lot more
than that so I'd like to move it myself with some other strong back guys.
Does anyone know anything about how to disassemble it? Or where I could get
some info/guidance? I have a query out to Fischer but haven't heard
anything. Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas Wunderlich wrote:
This is a little outside the scope of this group but I thought I'd try
anyhow. I have an old Fischer 8 ft Pool Table. I'm not sure if it's
a one or 3 piece slate. I have a couple of professional pool table
mover estimates of $300-500 to move it. I don't think the table is
worth a whole lot more than that so I'd like to move it myself with
some other strong back guys. Does anyone know anything about how to
disassemble it? Or where I could get some info/guidance? I have a
query out to Fischer but haven't heard anything. Thanks...

I moved my 9' Bruinswick with the help of my son. The rails come off from
bolts underneath the table that go through the slate up into the rails. The
slate in my case was screwed down to another frame under the slates and were
pinned at the two connections like table leafs so be careful to slide them
apart before lifting. Then the sub frame comes off the leges then the legs
come apart did the tear down from where it was in 3 hours unloaded it and
had it back together the next day. I was getting the same prices and more to
move the table I had.

You can do it with patience and some good help, Rich