Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smelly laundry drain?

Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing laundry, but
whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried hosing out the vent
from the roof, but no help. This is the only drain in the house that
smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry
Posted to alt.home.repair

GoHabsGo wrote:
Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing
laundry, but whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried
hosing out the vent from the roof, but no help. This is the only
drain in the house that smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Plumbers putty around the hose where it goes into the drain is how I stopped
mine from sewar gases from coming back into the utility room. The putty
lasted about 2 years before drying out but was removeable if needed.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

GoHabsGo wrote:
Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing laundry, but
whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried hosing out the vent
from the roof, but no help. This is the only drain in the house that
smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Is your laundry in the basement? If so, it could be the sewer line is
starting to back up from a clog.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17 Jan 2007 19:58:47 GMT, GoHabsGo wrote:

Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing laundry, but
whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried hosing out the vent
from the roof, but no help. This is the only drain in the house that
smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

The thing that comes to mind, but unable to verifiy this, is that your
laundry drain is loosing the seal in your p-trap. Nothing should be
coming out of your drain.

Might have to have someone look at it.

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"GoHabsGo" wrote in message
Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing laundry,
but
whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried hosing out the
vent
from the roof, but no help. This is the only drain in the house that
smells. Any ideas?

I caught a HVAC guy ****ing in the laundry tub! The dirty filthy bum, I
threw him out and called the office. The office told me they had more than
one report of him doing this!

Anyways, just a thought.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeffy3" wrote in
oups.com:

GoHabsGo wrote:
Hi all,

Our laundry drain recently started stinking - only when doing
laundry, but whew it is bad. Any idea how to flush it out? I tried
hosing out the vent from the roof, but no help. This is the only
drain in the house that smells. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Is your laundry in the basement? If so, it could be the sewer line is
starting to back up from a clog.

Nope. Main floor and this is the only drain than stinks. Laundry tub
right beside it has no odour.