Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blue Substance Behind Toilet

My wife has just informed me that she cleaned the bathroom floor
yesterday. The next day a blue film/powder reappeared behind the
toilet bowl, on the floor, near the base of the toilet. I haven't seen
any leaks near the piping or on the floor by the base. Has anybody
heard of this or know where it is coming from?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well - I jumped the gun and removed the toilet bowl to replace the wax
ring. It was an easy job up until the point of putting the toilet back
on the screws. However, I finished the job. I also noticed while the
toilet was off that the green powder was on 2 of the four bolts that
hold the tank to the bowl. It has been warm in Virginia for the last
few days. My thought is that condensation was at an extreme and caused
the green powder. With the increased condensation, it dripped onto the
floor.

However, that only explains the greenish blue spots on the floor, away
from the bowl. It did not explain the greenish blue that was at the
base of the toilet where it meets the floor. I also laid some toilet
paper on the floor where the toilet meets the vinyl flooring this
morning. When I returned home, the edges of the toilet paper were wet.
Not sure if this s due to condensation or leakage.

At any rate, after replacing the wax ring, I flushed the toilet
numerous times with no leakage noticed. I guess I will wait and see
what happens over the next few days.

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
My wife has just informed me that she cleaned the bathroom floor
yesterday. The next day a blue film/powder reappeared behind the
toilet bowl, on the floor, near the base of the toilet. I haven't
seen any leaks near the piping or on the floor by the base. Has
anybody heard of this or know where it is coming from?

You may want to take a good look at the water inlet. Some copper can
form several green compounds.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

My wife has just informed me that she cleaned the bathroom floor
yesterday. The next day a blue film/powder reappeared behind the
toilet bowl, on the floor, near the base of the toilet. I haven't seen
any leaks near the piping or on the floor by the base. Has anybody
heard of this or know where it is coming from?

Tidy bowl man took a dump?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.